Warnung: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php (Zeile 156)

Warnung: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php (Zeile 156)

Warnung: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php (Zeile 156)

Warnung: Use of undefined constant VB_FRAMEWORK - assumed 'VB_FRAMEWORK' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/functions.php (Zeile 8101)

Warnung: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../archive/index.php (Zeile 456)
Xplane-News [Archiv] - X-Plane Schweiz

PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Xplane-News

Hermann
26.04.2012, 17:56
OK a few goings-on...

1: We are moving closer to X-Plane 10.10 Beta-1... this will be a pretty nice updated, with some notable features, including moving closer to making X-Plane 64-bit! Note that despite what some people have mistakenly claimed, this will have NOTHING to do with flight-model accuracy, but instead will actually allow unlimited amounts of RAM use, so if you have enough RAM and a 64-bit OS, you will be able to crank rendering options to truly insane levels without any crashes, since the OS and X-Plane itself will be able to memorize the tremendous amount of information that must be stored to do this.

2: The X-Plane developer conference we just had last weekend was a hit, with the largest aircraft add-on makers in attendance. Myself and Ben briefed add-on makers on how to convert their add-ons from Microsoft over to X-Plane, so the transition in the industry from MSFS to X-Plane is really coming along! With countless add-on developers taken for flights in 428x during the conference, I am happy to say that we enjoyed a computer programming conference free of fatalities! ;-P

3: Speaking of add-ons, in addition to new the Carenado aircraft announced yesterday, Aerosoft is now moving their various add-ons from MSFS over to X-Plane, and have just now moved over an Iceland custom scenery pack, avalable here:

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?show680,6121049590

This is not a really big or detailed scenery pack (YET!) but is just the very beginning of the wave of add-ons yet to come! In short order, the argument "I like MSFS because I can get more add-ons that do ____" will be completely obsolete, and it won't be long after that that the add-ons increase in detail and accuracy to a quality way beyond anything we have seen before!

4: And now for something completely different! There is still at least one family left in this country that carries on some of the values and traditions on which this country was built, and they could use just a little help from some of us to do it! In one of the coolest little meetings of traditional labor and modern e-commerce, of eating tasty pork while still respecting animal rights, I have here a kick-starter project being run by some farmers that use X-Plane (!) check it out!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sugarmtnfarm/building-a-butcher-shop-on-sugarmountainfarm

austin

hanmue
26.04.2012, 18:23
Good News! Danke Hermann.

kleinerflieger
27.04.2012, 19:21
Danke Hermann
Na das ist doch mal was es geht vorwärts. :)